It’s Hard Being a Kid!
This week has been extremely hard for me and some people around me. I won’t name names but I hope they are feeling better!!!! Anyway, I think this is one of the first times I’ve realized how hard it actually is to be in the ninth grade! It’s been said that it is lonely at the top and that hasn’t been more apparent until this week!
Recently I’ve been talking with a few of my friends and one of my teachers about being in the ninth grade. That teacher said something that really made a lot of sense to me and I want to share it with you. They said that being in ninth grade was hard for them because they were a little more mature than their friends and they couldn’t really find people that were on their level. They also said that for a time they just stopped hanging out with some of their friends because they just got so sick of them! I know the feeling!!!
I think that ninth grade needs to be in a high school instead of in a junior high building because I have had trouble getting along with a lot of my friends. The interesting this is that I get along a lot better with my cousin’s friends who are a year older than me. I’ve always gotten along better with people who are older than me, don’t ask me why! But I think if we had ninth grade in a high school, we could have a better chance to hang out with people on our level.
I’m not saying that I’m the most mature person in the world but I am definitely more mature than some of the people I know. It just gets really bad sometimes to the point where I don’t even want to go to school because I’m just so sick of everybody! I hate that I feel like I don’t fit in at my own school! I also really hate the feeling of not being able to talk to my friends without having to worry about what I’m saying! Sometimes I just feel like I’m sitting back letting people I don’t even like dictate what I say and think!
I’ve stopped talking to a few people and it really has made me feel better and more comfortable in my skin! Now I feel like I am more able to be myself around other people. I even had an epiphany one day and realized that I don’t care what people think about me anymore! I’m going to be who I am no matter what and I’m not going to be two different people when I am with others!
Ninth grade is perhaps the hardest grade of all because everyone is going through different things in their lives. There are different maturities every where around you and that’s hard to deal with! I’m told that life gets easier as we go on and I really do hope so because I never want to feel trapped like this again.
P.S. Thanks to that certain teacher! You have helped me a lot!
This week has been extremely hard for me and some people around me. I won’t name names but I hope they are feeling better!!!! Anyway, I think this is one of the first times I’ve realized how hard it actually is to be in the ninth grade! It’s been said that it is lonely at the top and that hasn’t been more apparent until this week!
Recently I’ve been talking with a few of my friends and one of my teachers about being in the ninth grade. That teacher said something that really made a lot of sense to me and I want to share it with you. They said that being in ninth grade was hard for them because they were a little more mature than their friends and they couldn’t really find people that were on their level. They also said that for a time they just stopped hanging out with some of their friends because they just got so sick of them! I know the feeling!!!
I think that ninth grade needs to be in a high school instead of in a junior high building because I have had trouble getting along with a lot of my friends. The interesting this is that I get along a lot better with my cousin’s friends who are a year older than me. I’ve always gotten along better with people who are older than me, don’t ask me why! But I think if we had ninth grade in a high school, we could have a better chance to hang out with people on our level.
I’m not saying that I’m the most mature person in the world but I am definitely more mature than some of the people I know. It just gets really bad sometimes to the point where I don’t even want to go to school because I’m just so sick of everybody! I hate that I feel like I don’t fit in at my own school! I also really hate the feeling of not being able to talk to my friends without having to worry about what I’m saying! Sometimes I just feel like I’m sitting back letting people I don’t even like dictate what I say and think!
I’ve stopped talking to a few people and it really has made me feel better and more comfortable in my skin! Now I feel like I am more able to be myself around other people. I even had an epiphany one day and realized that I don’t care what people think about me anymore! I’m going to be who I am no matter what and I’m not going to be two different people when I am with others!
Ninth grade is perhaps the hardest grade of all because everyone is going through different things in their lives. There are different maturities every where around you and that’s hard to deal with! I’m told that life gets easier as we go on and I really do hope so because I never want to feel trapped like this again.
P.S. Thanks to that certain teacher! You have helped me a lot!

1 Comments:
At 7:01 PM,
American chick 07 said…
I agree. 9th grade seems to be were you start to really grow apart from people. I also agree that 9th grade should be in high school because we really don't have much in common with the other grades. Lots of people expect you to stay the same, but people change, that's life. Great blog.
Post a Comment
<< Home