London Chick's Parliament

Ello loves!! I started this blog for my 9th grade Honors English class. That means I am going to write about important issues and books! I hope you all get a little more intelligent by reading this blog! Have fun!

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Years everyone! I always love to start a year with an open mind and the troubles of the previous year out of my head. One of my favorite traditions that I do every year on New Years Eve, is to come up with some resolutions. I want to share them with you and also explain why I chose these things for my resolutions!

Resolution One: Get Into Shape!
Before everyone freaks out, I think I look fine and I’m not anorexic or anything like that. I just want to maybe build up my stamina and my strength. Eating better foods also falls into this resolution. I’m a bit of a junk food junkie and I should probably start eating more vegetables!

Resolution Two: Patch A Few Things Up With My Dad
Not a lot of you know this, but I’ve had a lot of problems with my dad this year. I know that things will never go back to normal but I want to try to fix a few things between us. I’ve already started that by talking to him and telling him that I want to move forward with our relationship and NOT look at the past and that is working. I’m looking forward to a year where we are not fighting all the time!

Resolution Three: Read More
I already read a lot but I would love to have more time in my schedule to read even more than I already do. As of now, I basically only read during reading time and when I’m in other classes and I finish my other assignments. This year I want to try and finish my books faster. Also, I want to read one hundred books this year. I tried last year and that didn’t happen. I’m really going to try my hardest this time!

Resolution Four: Stay In Touch With My Friends
I love my friends but I don’t keep in touch with them as much as I should. I see them at school but usually that’s about it, with a few exceptions. I recently sent an email out to all of my good friends so that I have all of their birthdays in my address book. Now I can send out birthday cards when the time comes. I also want to be able to have better conversations with my friends.

Resolution Five: Finish Half Of My Book
If you didn’t know, I’m writing a book. I’m saddened to say that I don’t have a lot of time to work on it. So, I set the goal to finish half of it, or more, by next year. I’ve started it but I just read what I wrote and I hate it!!

Resolution Six: Keep My Room Clean
I’m a bit of a pack rat and I don’t have a habit of keeping my room clean. Last week I gave my room a deep clean so that it was spotless. Now it is my goal to keep it clean this year. I doubt that it will stay clean for the whole time but it’s worth a try!!

I hope that reading these will give all of you some ideas about your own resolutions and I wish all of you a happy year!!!!

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 12:14 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    Seems like good resolutions LondonChick! Question is can you keep it up all year? What's your book about again? Just curious.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home