Story Continued!
Before I started the story, I thought it needed a bit more humor and mystery. Here they are, combined!
We sat like this for the next few minutes and I was dying to know why he broke down so quickly. As quickly as the tears began to flow, they ceased. He pulled away and wiped the sorrow from his eyes. The same stiffness filled his once feeble body.
“Well, I’m going to go take a shower. Want to join me?”
“Excuse me?” Shock filled my body.
“Only joking, love. I will be out in about thirty minutes.”
He went up the stairs with a joking bow and left me on the couch. Once he was gone, I decided to explore the house I was in.
I walked down the first hall where the bathroom was. Looking up on the walls, the women I had seen previously continued to stare at me. One particular woman caught my eye. She had brown eyes and blonde hair, just like me. I peered closer at her and my face was about three inches away from hers. She looked very familiar. I scanned the other pictures and then I found a small crack in the wall. A small piece of paper stuck out of the crack. After making sure Christian wasn’t coming, I grabbed the paper and unfolded it. It read:
“Darling Christian, Forgive me for the bite. Remember, my darling, the women you get, are mine. Yours, Gina”
I heard a bang and a quiet scream escaped from my lips. I looked down the hall and saw nothing. I calmed down when I realized it was just Christian stepping out of the shower. I laughed to myself then remember the note I was holding. I read it three more times and it still made very little sense. I decided to save it for later and put in my pocket.
After exploring the rest of the hall and finding nothing of interest, I slowly made my way up the stairs. The walls in these hallways were bare mostly with the occasional portrait hanging loosely on a hook. Doors I tried to open were all locked. I thirsted for the knowledge of what was contained inside those walls. I finally came to middle of the hall where the bathroom door was slightly ajar. I peeked inside and saw Christian standing by the sink brushing his teeth. To my surprise, he was only wearing a navy blue towel around his waist.
His normally curly black hair hung in wet ringlets around his face. He was singing a small tune in almost a whisper. It sounded vaguely familiar and I yearned to remember where I last heard it. My yearning made me lean forward and I accidentally fell into the bathroom. Landing with a hard thud on the tile floor, I grunted when my body met the floor. I gasped for breath and turned over onto my back and was instantly blinded by the bathroom light.
I heard a small laugh behind me as Christian kneeled on the floor behind me. A wave of embarrassment hit me like a truck.
“Curiosity kills the cat, love. Next time, just say yes to my first offer if you want to see me standing in a towel!” He continued to laugh at my expense as I lay helplessly on the floor.
To be continued...
Before I started the story, I thought it needed a bit more humor and mystery. Here they are, combined!
We sat like this for the next few minutes and I was dying to know why he broke down so quickly. As quickly as the tears began to flow, they ceased. He pulled away and wiped the sorrow from his eyes. The same stiffness filled his once feeble body.
“Well, I’m going to go take a shower. Want to join me?”
“Excuse me?” Shock filled my body.
“Only joking, love. I will be out in about thirty minutes.”
He went up the stairs with a joking bow and left me on the couch. Once he was gone, I decided to explore the house I was in.
I walked down the first hall where the bathroom was. Looking up on the walls, the women I had seen previously continued to stare at me. One particular woman caught my eye. She had brown eyes and blonde hair, just like me. I peered closer at her and my face was about three inches away from hers. She looked very familiar. I scanned the other pictures and then I found a small crack in the wall. A small piece of paper stuck out of the crack. After making sure Christian wasn’t coming, I grabbed the paper and unfolded it. It read:
“Darling Christian, Forgive me for the bite. Remember, my darling, the women you get, are mine. Yours, Gina”
I heard a bang and a quiet scream escaped from my lips. I looked down the hall and saw nothing. I calmed down when I realized it was just Christian stepping out of the shower. I laughed to myself then remember the note I was holding. I read it three more times and it still made very little sense. I decided to save it for later and put in my pocket.
After exploring the rest of the hall and finding nothing of interest, I slowly made my way up the stairs. The walls in these hallways were bare mostly with the occasional portrait hanging loosely on a hook. Doors I tried to open were all locked. I thirsted for the knowledge of what was contained inside those walls. I finally came to middle of the hall where the bathroom door was slightly ajar. I peeked inside and saw Christian standing by the sink brushing his teeth. To my surprise, he was only wearing a navy blue towel around his waist.
His normally curly black hair hung in wet ringlets around his face. He was singing a small tune in almost a whisper. It sounded vaguely familiar and I yearned to remember where I last heard it. My yearning made me lean forward and I accidentally fell into the bathroom. Landing with a hard thud on the tile floor, I grunted when my body met the floor. I gasped for breath and turned over onto my back and was instantly blinded by the bathroom light.
I heard a small laugh behind me as Christian kneeled on the floor behind me. A wave of embarrassment hit me like a truck.
“Curiosity kills the cat, love. Next time, just say yes to my first offer if you want to see me standing in a towel!” He continued to laugh at my expense as I lay helplessly on the floor.
To be continued...

2 Comments:
At 5:28 PM,
Starchild28 said…
Haha, ya I like the humor in this one. Especially the end.
At 9:27 PM,
Anonymous said…
Definately liking the new humor.
Post a Comment
<< Home