More Story!
Christian extended his hand as he helped pull me up off the chilly bathroom floor. When we were face to face, I could feel his icy breath upon my skin. His arms were still damp and his hair still hung in a wet mass around his face.
“If you don’t dry off soon, you’ll catch a cold,” I whispered.
“Darling, I don’t really have to worry about being sick. We are immune,” he jested.
“Oh, sorry. I, I didn’t mean to say that.”
“Nonsense love, it’s no trouble. It’s actually quite nice to not have to worry about being ill. Anyway, why don’t you wait outside the bathroom, I’ll get dressed, and I’ll show you around the house. Sound nice?”
“Sure.”
He smiled at me and gave me a light peck on my cheek. As soon as he did so, I felt butterflies pop into my stomach. Slowly, he led me outside and softly he shut the door.
After waiting about two minutes, Christian emerged wearing a white dress shirt and black slacks. He looked quite dashing and I felt my eyes scan his body. A feeling of longing came over my whole body and my heart began to race. Christian’s expressions became a very quizzical look.
I shook these feelings out of my body and put a false smile upon my face.
“So um, where do we begin?” I asked nervously.
“Why don’t we start with the drawing room? Right this way.” He extended his arm and I began walking through the long corridor. He followed closely behind me and I could feel his breath on the back of my neck. I turned my head around slowly to meet his eyes.
“Something wrong, love?”
“No, nothing,” I stammered nervously.
“You seem nervous. Why are you nervous?”
“Well, I guess it’s because I’m in a new house with new things and, and I don’t really know what to expect. It’s been a pretty hard day for me!”
“Yes, well I suppose it has been a pretty rough day for us all.” He leaned in closer to me and took my hand in his. “Don’t worry, I’ll protect you,” he whispered.
He was now inches from my face and that feeling of longing returned to me. I leaned in a bit closer. Right as I did so, he pulled in front of me and continued to lead me down the hall, still gripping my hand.
We arrived at the drawing room and he pushed the door open. We stepped inside and Christian turned on the light while I studied my surroundings. There was a red fainting couch in the corner and a sketch pad facing the couch. A drawing was in progress on the sketch pad. I approached it in hopes of determining what it was. I looked closely at the picture and discovered the blonde woman from the picture in the hall staring back at me. Her long, blonde curls cascaded down her back and her smile illuminated the page.
The picture showed her from behind but she turned her face toward the artist. She was truly a beauty. Her long dark lashes framed her chestnut colored eyes as she continued to stare into my eyes.
“She’s beautiful isn’t she?” Christian mentioned from behind me.
“Yes, she is. Who is she?”
“She is my love. The love of my life. She, my angel, is you Kimber.”
“Me? But this portrait is from long ago!”
“Yes, in fact it is from the year 1912. I promise, it is you.”
The room grew dark and my head suddenly became heavy. My breathing grew anxious and my eyes fluttered. I fainted in Christian’s strong arms, catching a last look from the woman in the picture.
To be continued…
Christian extended his hand as he helped pull me up off the chilly bathroom floor. When we were face to face, I could feel his icy breath upon my skin. His arms were still damp and his hair still hung in a wet mass around his face.
“If you don’t dry off soon, you’ll catch a cold,” I whispered.
“Darling, I don’t really have to worry about being sick. We are immune,” he jested.
“Oh, sorry. I, I didn’t mean to say that.”
“Nonsense love, it’s no trouble. It’s actually quite nice to not have to worry about being ill. Anyway, why don’t you wait outside the bathroom, I’ll get dressed, and I’ll show you around the house. Sound nice?”
“Sure.”
He smiled at me and gave me a light peck on my cheek. As soon as he did so, I felt butterflies pop into my stomach. Slowly, he led me outside and softly he shut the door.
After waiting about two minutes, Christian emerged wearing a white dress shirt and black slacks. He looked quite dashing and I felt my eyes scan his body. A feeling of longing came over my whole body and my heart began to race. Christian’s expressions became a very quizzical look.
I shook these feelings out of my body and put a false smile upon my face.
“So um, where do we begin?” I asked nervously.
“Why don’t we start with the drawing room? Right this way.” He extended his arm and I began walking through the long corridor. He followed closely behind me and I could feel his breath on the back of my neck. I turned my head around slowly to meet his eyes.
“Something wrong, love?”
“No, nothing,” I stammered nervously.
“You seem nervous. Why are you nervous?”
“Well, I guess it’s because I’m in a new house with new things and, and I don’t really know what to expect. It’s been a pretty hard day for me!”
“Yes, well I suppose it has been a pretty rough day for us all.” He leaned in closer to me and took my hand in his. “Don’t worry, I’ll protect you,” he whispered.
He was now inches from my face and that feeling of longing returned to me. I leaned in a bit closer. Right as I did so, he pulled in front of me and continued to lead me down the hall, still gripping my hand.
We arrived at the drawing room and he pushed the door open. We stepped inside and Christian turned on the light while I studied my surroundings. There was a red fainting couch in the corner and a sketch pad facing the couch. A drawing was in progress on the sketch pad. I approached it in hopes of determining what it was. I looked closely at the picture and discovered the blonde woman from the picture in the hall staring back at me. Her long, blonde curls cascaded down her back and her smile illuminated the page.
The picture showed her from behind but she turned her face toward the artist. She was truly a beauty. Her long dark lashes framed her chestnut colored eyes as she continued to stare into my eyes.
“She’s beautiful isn’t she?” Christian mentioned from behind me.
“Yes, she is. Who is she?”
“She is my love. The love of my life. She, my angel, is you Kimber.”
“Me? But this portrait is from long ago!”
“Yes, in fact it is from the year 1912. I promise, it is you.”
The room grew dark and my head suddenly became heavy. My breathing grew anxious and my eyes fluttered. I fainted in Christian’s strong arms, catching a last look from the woman in the picture.
To be continued…

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home