More Story!
The knife continued to dig across my neck. Right before the tip of the blade made it to the middle of my neck, she stopped cutting.
“Oh, dear. Look at the mess you have made, Evelyn. You got all of your blood on my new black jacket. What are we going to do about that?”
“Why did you call me Evelyn? Who is she?” I cried.
“Well, she is right there, in that drawing. Oh, Christian, you haven’t told her yet?” Gina scolded
I cast my eyes toward Christian and saw him looking in the direction of the painting. When he felt my eyes upon him, he looked my way. He let out a great sigh, and began to speak.
“Kimber, Evelyn was your name in a past life. Do you remember back a long time ago in New York? Does that even ring any bells at all?” The hint of sorrow and despiration in his voice was killing me. I longed to run into his arms and comfort him. He continued, “When you were nineteen, you met a young man named Christian James while you were out walking with your friend, Lily. After getting to know him, you fell in love with him. Your mother and father hated him because of his age compared to yours.”
“See, when you turned twenty in May, he turned thirty seven. Your father hated him because of the age difference while your mother hated him because she was terribly jealous of him. On occasions she pulled him aside so he would discover he was not in love with you.”
“The worst part of it was that she was in love with him. Her jealousy made her do something drastic. She hired a hit man and had my Evelyn brutally murdered. I was the one to discover your body in the park where we first met. I was the one who ran down the streets with your lifeless body in my arms.”
I stared at him in astonishment at the amount of emotion that was starting to come about in my own body and soul. All of these events, except for after the death of Evelyn, were real in my mind. I could see everything as clear as crystal. I even remembered the dark green dress I was wearing the day I was murdered. It was the day Christian had started drawing that picture.
“After a while of running through town, finding no help, I ran into a deserted alley. Tears were streaming down my face and getting your green dress wet. Suddenly, a woman in a black dress appeared and promised me that you would return to me in a later life, if I was willing to sacrifice my life for you. I told her I would be more than willing to sacrifice anything for you and there it happened. Gina, bit me then and there.”
Behind me, Gina chuckled.
“Christian, my turn to tell the story. Take a breather or something,” Gina joked.
“Anyway, I told him that if he ever wanted to see you alive again, he would have to get me a certain amount of girls. You see, vampires are usually very nice creatures. They keep to themselves and live on the blood of cows, the only animals immune to our bite. But there are times when they just need human blood. So, I had him collect women for me.”
“He would bite them and gain their trust. Then, when they least expected it, he would kill them, save their blood, and give it to me. He used his painting skills to document their looks and keep a part of them forever.”
“I figured you would be coming back to him soon and I could sense him falling in love so I came on down. Lo and behold, here you are. He forgets that he owes me one girl, I want that girl!”
I held my breath and felt the knife continue across my neck. I looked up in hopes of seeing Christian looking back at me but he wasn’t there. Suddenly, I heard a bang behind me and Gina’s body became heavy on my back. I fell to the ground with her body on top of mine. Christian quickly rolled her off of me and helped me up. He was holding a candle stick in his right hand which he promptly threw down.
“Now the question is, what to do with the body,” he said in a whisper.
The knife continued to dig across my neck. Right before the tip of the blade made it to the middle of my neck, she stopped cutting.
“Oh, dear. Look at the mess you have made, Evelyn. You got all of your blood on my new black jacket. What are we going to do about that?”
“Why did you call me Evelyn? Who is she?” I cried.
“Well, she is right there, in that drawing. Oh, Christian, you haven’t told her yet?” Gina scolded
I cast my eyes toward Christian and saw him looking in the direction of the painting. When he felt my eyes upon him, he looked my way. He let out a great sigh, and began to speak.
“Kimber, Evelyn was your name in a past life. Do you remember back a long time ago in New York? Does that even ring any bells at all?” The hint of sorrow and despiration in his voice was killing me. I longed to run into his arms and comfort him. He continued, “When you were nineteen, you met a young man named Christian James while you were out walking with your friend, Lily. After getting to know him, you fell in love with him. Your mother and father hated him because of his age compared to yours.”
“See, when you turned twenty in May, he turned thirty seven. Your father hated him because of the age difference while your mother hated him because she was terribly jealous of him. On occasions she pulled him aside so he would discover he was not in love with you.”
“The worst part of it was that she was in love with him. Her jealousy made her do something drastic. She hired a hit man and had my Evelyn brutally murdered. I was the one to discover your body in the park where we first met. I was the one who ran down the streets with your lifeless body in my arms.”
I stared at him in astonishment at the amount of emotion that was starting to come about in my own body and soul. All of these events, except for after the death of Evelyn, were real in my mind. I could see everything as clear as crystal. I even remembered the dark green dress I was wearing the day I was murdered. It was the day Christian had started drawing that picture.
“After a while of running through town, finding no help, I ran into a deserted alley. Tears were streaming down my face and getting your green dress wet. Suddenly, a woman in a black dress appeared and promised me that you would return to me in a later life, if I was willing to sacrifice my life for you. I told her I would be more than willing to sacrifice anything for you and there it happened. Gina, bit me then and there.”
Behind me, Gina chuckled.
“Christian, my turn to tell the story. Take a breather or something,” Gina joked.
“Anyway, I told him that if he ever wanted to see you alive again, he would have to get me a certain amount of girls. You see, vampires are usually very nice creatures. They keep to themselves and live on the blood of cows, the only animals immune to our bite. But there are times when they just need human blood. So, I had him collect women for me.”
“He would bite them and gain their trust. Then, when they least expected it, he would kill them, save their blood, and give it to me. He used his painting skills to document their looks and keep a part of them forever.”
“I figured you would be coming back to him soon and I could sense him falling in love so I came on down. Lo and behold, here you are. He forgets that he owes me one girl, I want that girl!”
I held my breath and felt the knife continue across my neck. I looked up in hopes of seeing Christian looking back at me but he wasn’t there. Suddenly, I heard a bang behind me and Gina’s body became heavy on my back. I fell to the ground with her body on top of mine. Christian quickly rolled her off of me and helped me up. He was holding a candle stick in his right hand which he promptly threw down.
“Now the question is, what to do with the body,” he said in a whisper.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home