London Chick's Parliament

Ello loves!! I started this blog for my 9th grade Honors English class. That means I am going to write about important issues and books! I hope you all get a little more intelligent by reading this blog! Have fun!

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Happy Halloween!
In the spirit of Halloween, I decided to write a little story! It may take me a few weeks to finish but it should be a good story! Here we go!

The walk to the Charleses’ house was frightfully cold. I shivered in my trench coat as I made my way down the frozen block. The fire in a nearby house beckoned to me with its glowing warmth. I longed to sit next to it and sip some hot coco.
When I finally made it to their doorstep, I heaved a great sigh of relief. Looking down I saw a large knocker crafted in the shape of a bat. The bats’ wings had some sort of writing on them but I couldn’t make out what they said. It appeared to be a foreign language. Something didn’t feel right about this house. I rummaged through my purse until I found the slip of paper with the address on it.
1753 Chestnut Way. Yep, this is the place! I thought to myself.
I lifted the heavy knocker and knocked three times. The door slowly opened and a handsome man of about 40 stood before me. He had curly black hair that framed his chiseled face. His eyes were a captivating color of hazel. There was such a red tint to them, they appeared to be auburn.
“Can I help you madam?” He asked in almost a whisper.
“Yes”, I replied. “I’m looking for a mister Christian Charles.”
“That’s me. Please, come in.” He flashed me a very impressive smile as I scooted my way past him.
His house was just as cold on the inside as it was outside. Things were getting creepier as I went along. I thought about leaving then and there but I told myself that I just couldn’t! I had to get this work done if I had any hope of a promotion.
“What is it exactly that you need?” Christian inquired.
“I’m here to pick up your payment for you loan. It’s about three weeks past due.”
“Oh dear me! I told my son, James, to pay that weeks ago! Darn boy has his head in the clouds. Let me get him for you.” With that he walked up the stairs and left me to stand in the cold front room.
Their house was very large and appeared to be very vast. The hallway’s stretched on for what seemed to be miles. The Charleses sounded nice enough from what I heard from the others at the bank. They mostly remarked on how nice Christian’s manners were. Every person there told me that he was always gracious, graceful, and respectful.
At that moment, Christian returned with James behind him. He looked to be about twenty years of age and he looked remarkably like his father. He approached me and stuck his hand out for me to shake.
“Hello there,” he flirted. James’s hand was extremely cold and his touch sent a shiver throughout my already freezing body. I let go as soon as I could.
“James, this lovely woman is here to collect our payment.” He emphasized the word payment which made me a little nervous.
“Well, does this lovely woman have a name?”
“Oh, my name is Kimber.” I could barely get the words out due to my shivering.
“And such beauty,” Christian whispered. He grabbed my hand and placed a kiss on my shivering knuckles. I blushed a bit but quickly gather myself and tried to be as businesslike as possible.
“About the payment, I need it today.”
“Of course! But why don’t we all have a seat first. What’s ours is yours of course,” James replied.
“Before we do, may I use your restroom please?”
“Why certainly! It’s just down the hall to your left.”
The pictures’ eyes seemed to follow me as I walked toward the bathroom. To my surprise women’s pictures were everywhere. Most of them were old but some of them were rather new.
After I was done in the bathroom, I returned to the front room to find both gentlemen waiting for me.
“You really are quite a beauty, Kimber. You have the most beautiful golden hair I have ever seen,” Christian stated as he walked toward me.
“Thank you.”
“And you have the loveliest neck that I have ever seen.”
“Pardon me? My neck? I have never been complimented on my neck before.”
“What a shame. It’s quite attractive,” he repeated.
Stretching out his arm, he grabbed my neck gently. With his other arm, he grabbed my waist and pulled me close to him.
“I’ll bet you have excellent blood, Kimber. Shall we find out?” James chuckled behind him. His chuckled made Christian begin to laugh. His smile had changed. Two of his teeth were now pointed.
I screamed as hard as I could but as soon as I did, his hand covered my mouth.
“Let’s not make a fuss, darling. This won’t hurt a bit.”
He tilted my head to the side and grasped my neck in a firm bite. My breath turned into short gasps and my eyes began to close. My head began to spin and I couldn’t feel my legs any longer. The last thing I remember is fainting into the arms of the handsome vampire named Christian.

To be continued…

4 Comments:

  • At 12:48 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    I forgot, you like vampires that are handsome like Dracula right? HA HA HA. Suspense!

     
  • At 5:04 PM, Blogger MRT said…

    A vampire named Christian. Wow! That's truly evil! ;)

     
  • At 8:26 PM, Blogger Starchild28 said…

    Oooohhh! Good story! I liked the detail of the pictures of women in the hallway, that sort of gave a suspensfull twist to the story! Great writing! (As usual! haha)

     
  • At 8:48 PM, Blogger Lou Lou said…

    Interesting! I can't wait to hear the rest of the story!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home