Come On Guys!
This weekend, I was watching a show on TV about all the most popular famous girls right now. You have your, Misha Barton, Paris Hilton, Hilary Duff, etc. Do you notice a trend between all of the most popular girls? THEY ARE ANOREXIC!
I don’t believe them when they say they just have a really fast metabolism. Even if you did, you wouldn’t be able to see every bone in your body at any given moment! There has to be another reason why all actresses just have to be super skinny today! And they are helping it along.
Paychecks are important, especially in Hollywood! If you don’t have ten cars per household, excuse me, MANSION, you aren’t cool anymore. It seems nowadays, actresses can’t find work unless they are walking twigs in clothes! Some of these girls look like they will blow away if a big gust of wind hits them! Since this has become the new trend in Hollywood, it has also become the new trend for regular people.
Girls, and even some guys, have become more concerned about their weight. If they weigh more than one hundred pounds, they consider themselves fat. Many people have developed anorexia, bulimia, or have began to over exercise. Nothing is wrong with exercising, but over exercising to the point of getting sick is incredibly bad!
Recently, some actresses have admitted that being super skinny is not a good look. In a recent interview Emmy Rossum said the following:
“It really kind of bugs me and really confuses me. I don’t think that’s something to aspire to. It kind of troubles me that we’re setting up these goals for girls my age that are really unhealthy and not attractive. People who read any of those magazines know kind of what I’m talking about. We set these girls up as fashion icons. They have relatively nothing to offer the world besides the fact that they look very, very thin. And I’m healthy and I exercise, but you shouldn’t be compulsive. It’s not something girls should idealize. It’s not even sexy.”
I couldn’t have said it better myself and it’s a relief to hear this opinion coming from an actress.
Coming from a normal point of view, and by normal I mean a person who is not a hollywood celebrity nor a big fan of all of the 'current starlets', super skinnyness (can I say that?) is NOT attractive at all! I consider myself skinny and I think I look absolutely fine. But, people who are so skinny you can see their veins, it just makes you sick.
Now, I’m not saying that everybody in the world who is skinny should go buy ten hamburgers and shove them in their face, then never exercise again. I just want everyone to be healthy! Go out, exercise for the right amount of time, eat healthy food! There are easier ways to lose weight if you really want to! Losing the weight absolutely does not require starving yourself for ten days. In fact, it is easier to lose weight the proper way!
Everyone needs to keep in mind that while you are in your teens, your body goes through many changes! You lose weight, you gain weight, you get taller, etc. Just calm down, don’t freak out, and everything will be just fine!!! :)

4 Comments:
At 2:04 PM,
Alina said…
All the stuff in your blog, it's TOO TRUE!! Do we have no common sense?!?! Why do we follow like a bunch of lemmings and not think about the consequences?!? ARGH!! FRUSTRUATION!
At 9:54 AM,
Firefly said…
The women who are in Hollywood these days are supposed to be our role models. And I have to say they aren't being very good role models. Are they trying to show that not being healthy is good for yourself? There is a hint right there, UNHEALTHY! They are showing everyone what they have to live up to, and how they should look. It is not good to be that skinny. And it really doesn't make you look or feels any better. You look sick because you are too skinny. And you don't feel good because you aren't getting the proper nutrition you need to function proplerly. Infact, because you aren't getting the nutrients you need you may very well cause depression! It is just stupid that Our role models are trying to make us miserable! And by alol means, you shouldn't be like them!
At 9:19 AM,
American chick 07 said…
I totally agree!I read that interview with Emmy and was thinking the excact same thing. I mean, most of them(lindsay, hilary,etc)looked better when they were heavier. Now they look sick.
At 9:21 AM,
American chick 07 said…
I totally agree!I read that interview with Emmy and was thinking the excact same thing! Most of the girls(Lindsay Lohan, Hilary Duff, Etc.) looked really pretty before they lost all of the weight, now they just look like they're sick.
Post a Comment
<< Home