Story.
I wrote part of this story a long time ago. I reread it and added on to it!!!
When Callie finally got home from her first day, she grabbed an apple, and waltzed casually to her room. Flopping her snack and her book bag on her bed, Callie walked to her closet and put her favorite pajama bottoms on. They were teal with writing on the back that said ‘Smarty Pants’. A little birthday present her mother had given to her.
After she was comfy in her pj bottoms and tank top, she sat on her bed and began to unload her bag. She grabbed out her math book, science book, reading book, and notebook. She reached back in and expected to find her day planner but all she felt were the side of her bag.
She closed her eyes and tried to remember when she had last seen it. She could see the green cover against the desk she sat in while she wrote her science homework.
I must have left it in math class. I’ll grab it tomorrow during free time. Callie put the planner out of her mind and started to read her science book.
The doorbell sounded downstairs and she heard the door open. She glanced at her door then kept on reading. Beginning to feel uncomfortable, she turned onto her stomach and resumed her homework.
“Hey smarty pants!”
A mans’ voice rang through her room. She shot her eyes directly to her door and saw Simon standing there in all of his manly glory. Startled she glance down her back to the yellow letters spread out on her backside. She let out a little yelp and grabbed the math book beside her and placed it on her bottom.
“What are you doing here? Where did you get my address?” Callie was so frantic, her voice sounded as if it belonged to another person, a very small person with a squeaky, loud voice.
“Whoa, calm down chickadee! I am just here being a Good Samaritan and returning your day planner. You are a smart one to write you address in the front cover.” Callie could sense the sarcasm in his voice. She removed the book and stood up. She walked towards Simon with her arms crossed across her chest. The tank top she was wearing was kind of a low cut shirt.
“Um, thanks I guess. That was very nice of you Simon.”
“Nice room ya got here. I like the balcony.”
“Yeah, I love this room. It’s a lot bigger than my old one.”
Casually they began to stroll towards the balcony. Callie reached to open the door and Simon reached as well. Their hands overlapped on the handle and Callie immediately drew her hand back.
“Sorry”, he chuckled.
He pushed the French doors open and they walked out and sat opposite each other on the wicker chairs Callies’ parents placed out when she wasn’t home. She had never liked them much.
“So how was your first day? High school can be pretty rough in a new city I’m guessing.” His voice sounded very interested to her surprise.
“It wasn’t too bad I guess. Pretty uneventful so far.”
“Do you have your schedule with you? I wonder if we have any other classes together. Can I see it?”
“Yeah, let me go grab it.”
She leaned over and got the planner from him and took it to her bed. She turned back to look at the balcony and saw Simon looking at her. For an odd moment, they caught each others gaze and stared at one another. Callie laughed lightly and started walking back to her seat.
“So other than math today, it looks like we have English together tomorrow. I don’t know about you, but I suck at English.”
Hesitantly she said, “It’s my favorite subject. I’ve always been pretty shy and writing has helped me express my feelings.”
“That’s great. Now I sound stupid. I hate when that happens when I’m trying to impress people.”
“Who are you trying to impress?”
“Who do you think?” Simon smiled and began to laugh a very flirtatious laugh. He looked down at his watch and then stood up.
“See you in English, chickadee.”
She looked up at his handsome face and he winked at her, then left.
“What just happened here!” Callie shouted.
Simon glanced down at Callie’s sad little face. Her lips looked blue in the chilly moonlight. Slowly he began to unwind his arms from her shivering body. She tried to grab for his arms but he got them away from her just in time.
He took off his leather jacket and draped it across her narrow shoulders. Wrapping his arms back around her shivering body, he leaned over her and kissed her gently on her head.
The next day at school, Callie began to unload her books into her locker. When she got her planner out of her backpack, she smiled and thought of Simon winking at her as he left. All of the sudden she felt a hand on her shoulder.
“Hi Simon!” She sounded a little more cheerful than she wanted to.
“Hey there Cal. Excited for English today? I sure am!”
“Yes I am as a matter of fact. I was so excited for English that I didn’t sleep at all last night.” That wasn’t actually a lie after all. She was too busy thinking about Simon to sleep.
“Ha! Don’t make me laugh chickadee. Well, I gotta run but I will catch ya later?”
“I guess so.”
Simon bent forward and gave Callie a little peck on the cheek.
“See you then” Callie felt his breath on her cheek as he whispered to her.
Seeing him walk away was like watching a God walking away in blue-jeans. The way his body moved with a kind of swagger that said ‘I’m cool and I know it.’ Callie had her daydreams interrupted by a voice behind her.
“Don’t let him get to you.”
“What?” Callie wasn’t sure who this brown-eyed stranger was.
“Simon doesn’t stay with girls long. He gets what he wants from them then lets them go. Oh, and hi, I’m Rachael.”
“Hi, I’m Callie. What are you talking about? He seems really nice.”
“Don’t they always! You’re new so I don’t blame you for not knowing. But steer clear of him Cal. He’s a God on the outside but a wolf on the inside. Anyway, what’s your next class?”
Callie was surprised of Rachaels’ ability to bounce back so quickly. “Oh um, history, you?”
“History! This is great. Let’s go.”
Rachael grabbed Callies’ arm and began to lead her in the opposite direction of Simon. Callie glanced back and saw Simon talking to some other guys, still looking very Godlike.
Standing on the balcony reminded Callie of the first time Simon was there with her. Feeling his arms around her and feeling his breath on the top of her head gave her the same shivers that she had whenever they were together. She could hear voiced outside and let out a worried cry.
“What are we going to do Simon?” Worry was filling her body and made her eyes well up with tears again.
“We’re not saying goodbye yet. I won’t let that happen.”
Still wrapped around each other, they backed up out of sight of the street. Simon reached out and shut the doors of the balcony.
“I promise it won’t happen, not yet.”
English class was about to begin and Callie had taken the front seat. Her plan was that Simon had to protect his reputation and not sit next to her up in the front. She thought wrong.
“Fancy meeting you here. You know Cal, we have got to stop meeting like this or people are going to start talking.” His grin beamed down at her.
“They already have.” She wasn’t going to trust him any longer. She was going to stop this right now.
“Whoa, that was a direct blow! Man down, man down! Call for help!!” He reached up and grasped his chest where his heart was and fell down into his seat as if he was shot.
“What is your deal Callie? What happened to you?”
“Who do you think you are talking to me like that? You don’t even know me! But I sure know a lot about you! Using girls and then, then tossing them aside!”
“You talked to Rachael right? Rachael Winters?”
“I don’t know her last name!” She was starting to get frustrated. She hated being frustrated. After she got frustrated, she got angry quickly after.
“Brown eyes? Curly blonde hair? Ring any bells?”
“Yes, why do you care? And why is it your business who I talk to?”
“Because she hates me! She is mad at me because I turned her down for a dance last year! What did she tell you anyway?”
“She said you only treated girls nicely until you got what you wanted out of them then you throw them aside like scraps of food! That was what you were trying to do with me but thank God I saw it coming so I could stop you!”
“Callie! You are talking crazy! All of that is crap! I can’t believe you are going to believe this! Give me a chance to explain.”
“No! You don’t deserve a chance to explain!” Callie began to yell loudly and people were starting to look.
Simon grabbed Callie’s hands.
“Callie! Calm down, k? Just meet me on Friday for coffee at The Bean House. I will explain everything there. If you don’t meet me there, I know you want me to leave you alone.”
He went to the back of the room and Callie sat staring at the spot he used to be sitting in. There was no way she was going to meet him on Friday, no way at all.
Simon led her to the bench by the foot of her bed and they both sat down. He looked down at her dampened face. Worry was written all over her. Her lips appeared blue in the moonlight flooding into the room. He leaned down and kissed her nose.
“Simon, what are we going to do? If they see you here, we are both dead and buried.”
“We will worry about it when we have to. For now we can just relax and be together.”
“I love you Simon.”
“I love you Callie”
I wrote part of this story a long time ago. I reread it and added on to it!!!
When Callie finally got home from her first day, she grabbed an apple, and waltzed casually to her room. Flopping her snack and her book bag on her bed, Callie walked to her closet and put her favorite pajama bottoms on. They were teal with writing on the back that said ‘Smarty Pants’. A little birthday present her mother had given to her.
After she was comfy in her pj bottoms and tank top, she sat on her bed and began to unload her bag. She grabbed out her math book, science book, reading book, and notebook. She reached back in and expected to find her day planner but all she felt were the side of her bag.
She closed her eyes and tried to remember when she had last seen it. She could see the green cover against the desk she sat in while she wrote her science homework.
I must have left it in math class. I’ll grab it tomorrow during free time. Callie put the planner out of her mind and started to read her science book.
The doorbell sounded downstairs and she heard the door open. She glanced at her door then kept on reading. Beginning to feel uncomfortable, she turned onto her stomach and resumed her homework.
“Hey smarty pants!”
A mans’ voice rang through her room. She shot her eyes directly to her door and saw Simon standing there in all of his manly glory. Startled she glance down her back to the yellow letters spread out on her backside. She let out a little yelp and grabbed the math book beside her and placed it on her bottom.
“What are you doing here? Where did you get my address?” Callie was so frantic, her voice sounded as if it belonged to another person, a very small person with a squeaky, loud voice.
“Whoa, calm down chickadee! I am just here being a Good Samaritan and returning your day planner. You are a smart one to write you address in the front cover.” Callie could sense the sarcasm in his voice. She removed the book and stood up. She walked towards Simon with her arms crossed across her chest. The tank top she was wearing was kind of a low cut shirt.
“Um, thanks I guess. That was very nice of you Simon.”
“Nice room ya got here. I like the balcony.”
“Yeah, I love this room. It’s a lot bigger than my old one.”
Casually they began to stroll towards the balcony. Callie reached to open the door and Simon reached as well. Their hands overlapped on the handle and Callie immediately drew her hand back.
“Sorry”, he chuckled.
He pushed the French doors open and they walked out and sat opposite each other on the wicker chairs Callies’ parents placed out when she wasn’t home. She had never liked them much.
“So how was your first day? High school can be pretty rough in a new city I’m guessing.” His voice sounded very interested to her surprise.
“It wasn’t too bad I guess. Pretty uneventful so far.”
“Do you have your schedule with you? I wonder if we have any other classes together. Can I see it?”
“Yeah, let me go grab it.”
She leaned over and got the planner from him and took it to her bed. She turned back to look at the balcony and saw Simon looking at her. For an odd moment, they caught each others gaze and stared at one another. Callie laughed lightly and started walking back to her seat.
“So other than math today, it looks like we have English together tomorrow. I don’t know about you, but I suck at English.”
Hesitantly she said, “It’s my favorite subject. I’ve always been pretty shy and writing has helped me express my feelings.”
“That’s great. Now I sound stupid. I hate when that happens when I’m trying to impress people.”
“Who are you trying to impress?”
“Who do you think?” Simon smiled and began to laugh a very flirtatious laugh. He looked down at his watch and then stood up.
“See you in English, chickadee.”
She looked up at his handsome face and he winked at her, then left.
“What just happened here!” Callie shouted.
Simon glanced down at Callie’s sad little face. Her lips looked blue in the chilly moonlight. Slowly he began to unwind his arms from her shivering body. She tried to grab for his arms but he got them away from her just in time.
He took off his leather jacket and draped it across her narrow shoulders. Wrapping his arms back around her shivering body, he leaned over her and kissed her gently on her head.
The next day at school, Callie began to unload her books into her locker. When she got her planner out of her backpack, she smiled and thought of Simon winking at her as he left. All of the sudden she felt a hand on her shoulder.
“Hi Simon!” She sounded a little more cheerful than she wanted to.
“Hey there Cal. Excited for English today? I sure am!”
“Yes I am as a matter of fact. I was so excited for English that I didn’t sleep at all last night.” That wasn’t actually a lie after all. She was too busy thinking about Simon to sleep.
“Ha! Don’t make me laugh chickadee. Well, I gotta run but I will catch ya later?”
“I guess so.”
Simon bent forward and gave Callie a little peck on the cheek.
“See you then” Callie felt his breath on her cheek as he whispered to her.
Seeing him walk away was like watching a God walking away in blue-jeans. The way his body moved with a kind of swagger that said ‘I’m cool and I know it.’ Callie had her daydreams interrupted by a voice behind her.
“Don’t let him get to you.”
“What?” Callie wasn’t sure who this brown-eyed stranger was.
“Simon doesn’t stay with girls long. He gets what he wants from them then lets them go. Oh, and hi, I’m Rachael.”
“Hi, I’m Callie. What are you talking about? He seems really nice.”
“Don’t they always! You’re new so I don’t blame you for not knowing. But steer clear of him Cal. He’s a God on the outside but a wolf on the inside. Anyway, what’s your next class?”
Callie was surprised of Rachaels’ ability to bounce back so quickly. “Oh um, history, you?”
“History! This is great. Let’s go.”
Rachael grabbed Callies’ arm and began to lead her in the opposite direction of Simon. Callie glanced back and saw Simon talking to some other guys, still looking very Godlike.
Standing on the balcony reminded Callie of the first time Simon was there with her. Feeling his arms around her and feeling his breath on the top of her head gave her the same shivers that she had whenever they were together. She could hear voiced outside and let out a worried cry.
“What are we going to do Simon?” Worry was filling her body and made her eyes well up with tears again.
“We’re not saying goodbye yet. I won’t let that happen.”
Still wrapped around each other, they backed up out of sight of the street. Simon reached out and shut the doors of the balcony.
“I promise it won’t happen, not yet.”
English class was about to begin and Callie had taken the front seat. Her plan was that Simon had to protect his reputation and not sit next to her up in the front. She thought wrong.
“Fancy meeting you here. You know Cal, we have got to stop meeting like this or people are going to start talking.” His grin beamed down at her.
“They already have.” She wasn’t going to trust him any longer. She was going to stop this right now.
“Whoa, that was a direct blow! Man down, man down! Call for help!!” He reached up and grasped his chest where his heart was and fell down into his seat as if he was shot.
“What is your deal Callie? What happened to you?”
“Who do you think you are talking to me like that? You don’t even know me! But I sure know a lot about you! Using girls and then, then tossing them aside!”
“You talked to Rachael right? Rachael Winters?”
“I don’t know her last name!” She was starting to get frustrated. She hated being frustrated. After she got frustrated, she got angry quickly after.
“Brown eyes? Curly blonde hair? Ring any bells?”
“Yes, why do you care? And why is it your business who I talk to?”
“Because she hates me! She is mad at me because I turned her down for a dance last year! What did she tell you anyway?”
“She said you only treated girls nicely until you got what you wanted out of them then you throw them aside like scraps of food! That was what you were trying to do with me but thank God I saw it coming so I could stop you!”
“Callie! You are talking crazy! All of that is crap! I can’t believe you are going to believe this! Give me a chance to explain.”
“No! You don’t deserve a chance to explain!” Callie began to yell loudly and people were starting to look.
Simon grabbed Callie’s hands.
“Callie! Calm down, k? Just meet me on Friday for coffee at The Bean House. I will explain everything there. If you don’t meet me there, I know you want me to leave you alone.”
He went to the back of the room and Callie sat staring at the spot he used to be sitting in. There was no way she was going to meet him on Friday, no way at all.
Simon led her to the bench by the foot of her bed and they both sat down. He looked down at her dampened face. Worry was written all over her. Her lips appeared blue in the moonlight flooding into the room. He leaned down and kissed her nose.
“Simon, what are we going to do? If they see you here, we are both dead and buried.”
“We will worry about it when we have to. For now we can just relax and be together.”
“I love you Simon.”
“I love you Callie”

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home