London Chick's Parliament

Ello loves!! I started this blog for my 9th grade Honors English class. That means I am going to write about important issues and books! I hope you all get a little more intelligent by reading this blog! Have fun!

Saturday, March 10, 2007

"There's No Reason We Can't Be Civil!"

Recently I have noticed just how rude people are! Where have the rules of common courtesy gone?? I wish we could go back to the times when people were kind and considerate of others, don’t you? It should just be a rule to be kind to people and be aware of their feelings before you do things to them.
I come early to school as some of you may know. Sometimes when I arrive at the door, a teacher gets there at the same time as I do. I reach for the door and hold it open for them. On more than one occasion, they hesitate to go in and just stare at me until they realize what I am doing. Their eyes get really big and they just gaze at me with a really confused look and just say “Thank you!!!” They sound so surprised and impressed that some teenager has opened the door for them!
This weekend I had my big Irish dance recital and it was awesome!!! But one part of it made me very upset! I sold tickets to a few teachers at school, my friends, my family, and to my cousin and my grandma. We sold out and everyone had their tickets! I called my mom to confirm plans for where we were going to meet after the show when she told me the news that my cousin and grandma decided to not come. My grandma would rather watch a stupid BYU game on TV rather than see her grandchild perform and my cousin “had better things to do.” I was so upset at them and their insensitivity that I almost broke down into tears. We practiced so hard to prepare for the glory of our performance and their not coming deprived someone, who really wanted to come, a seat in the theatre! I sort of expected it from my cousin but not from my grandmother! See if I invite them to another show! I mean, would you decide last minute to not go see a Broadway show if the stupid BYU game was on? (P.S. Thank you to all of you who did come!)
It just feels sometimes that our world has gotten so rude! All of the common courtesies that we used to have towards each other have seemingly gone out the window! I don’t think that anybody should look surprised when somebody opens the door for them or pulls their chair out for them so they can sit down. And nobody should back out of a commitment! EVER!
Sometimes I think it would be better to go back to a time with the chivalry and courtesy was always used, no matter what. Even if you hated a person, in public you were nice to them. Can’t we all just try to get along with everyone? There really is no reason we can’t at least be nice to each other in public. Let’s all just try to better ourselves by making the world just a little bit nicer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home