London Chick's Parliament

Ello loves!! I started this blog for my 9th grade Honors English class. That means I am going to write about important issues and books! I hope you all get a little more intelligent by reading this blog! Have fun!

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The Trouble With Girls
Alright everyone, this is kind of a sensitive topic among girls but I just need to say something about it! The topic is: why do girls care so much about being popular??
In my experience, guys seem to get along with everyone. There are definitely groups of guys who hang out together but they all seem to be friends in one way or another. But girls have so many rules about who can be popular and who can’t be! It’s honestly getting really old girls!!!!!
For example, some ‘cliques’ won’t talk to other girls if their hair doesn’t look perfect, or if they don’t have to right clothes. Sometimes I hear girls in the halls talking about what so and so wore that day or how messed up her hair was. But sometimes you don’t have a lot of time in the morning to do your hair or get you perfect outfit ready for school. I know I usually don’t!
Another example, sometimes girls don’t talk to other girls because they just get rude!!! Nobody lie, everybody has done it!!!! I don’t know what it is but there must be a girl rulebook somewhere that says girls are required to fight, because it seems like we do it as a law! I don’t know if it is hormones, jealousy, lack of self confidence, or what but it needs to stop! So many girls have hurt feelings because of what someone said, or didn’t say to them!
Girls seem to have a huge problem with rumors too! I know guys spread rumors too but girls spread them like wildfire! Somebody hears what happened at a party, and they twist them and then make automatic judgment on the girl because of what was told to them. It has happened to everyone, that is a fact!!! A ton of girls get so hurt that way and I don’t understand why we still do it.
Maybe the reason girls are so rude to each other is a power struggle? Girls tend to be more concerned about popularity than boys do. And why is that? So you are popular in high school, BIG DEAL! Chances are that you won’t see the people you go to high school with after high school is over so why is it so important that you are the most popular girl in school? To be honest, it isn’t important at all. As long as you are nice to everyone instead of just the people in your clique, you will be so much more popular than you already are!
Hate to break it to everyone but usually when you are popular, nobody actually likes you. Isn’t it funny how that happens? I think it’s kind of sad. These people who seem so perfect and together are usually the loneliest people in the school.
Wouldn’t school be so much easier if we didn’t have to worry about being popular? I mean, we already have homework to worry about so why do we need even more stuff to worry about? Guys and girls, can’t we all just get along?

2 Comments:

  • At 8:37 PM, Blogger Firefly said…

    I would have to agree! There are so many girls that get hurt. And the sad thing is, is that just about all the girls that hurt people don't care, or are worried about what people will think of them if they go apologize. Girls will care about what others think of them more instead of how they are treating others. And that is just all wrong! We should be worried more about people's feeling rather than what others think of us.

     
  • At 9:12 PM, Blogger American chick 07 said…

    omy gosh! I SOOOOOO AGREE!!! I mean the fighting between girls these days is so sneaky.It's not like guys where you just throw a couple of punches, it's really nasty stuff.we spread rumors so that they lose friends, get a bad reputation,and all sorts of stuff.If we put as much time into helping each other as we do tearing each other down, we could rule the world!

    luv/Sarah Anne

     

Post a Comment

<< Home