A Homework Issue
After three years of Junior High, there is one thing that I can say definitely annoys me about some of the students here. I don’t think anyone in Honors English does this, but if you do, you really make no sense to me at all!!
When a teacher assigns homework and some ‘very wise’ people decide not to do it in class. This part I can understand because even I have to be in the mood to do homework in class. If I am not in that mood, or if I don’t feel good in that class, I will do about two little thing on the assignment and then take it home. But the part I cannot understand is not doing their work at home!
Now, I’ve heard a couple of people talking with their friends about why they don’t do their work at home and their excuse is always about the same, “I don’t want to do my homework because there are too many fun things to do at home!”
Alright, granted that there are a lot of fun things to do at home, for example, watch television, get on the computer and chat, call your friends and hang out, etc., etc. But what these choice people have yet to figure out is this: If you do your homework in class, there is more time to play around at home! I know how shocking that is!! WOW! What a terribly hard concept to grasp!!!!
Plus, there is an upside to doing homework and studying for tests! For one, you get good grades! But the main reason is that the better the grades you get are the better chance you have to get into a great college! I don’t know how many of you plan on making a ton of money when you are older, but I surely do. So a great way to secure a well-paying job is to go to college and get a degree.
I’ve also noticed how many smart people don’t use their brain in school. It might be because they are lazy, but I think that it is because they are afraid of being called a nerd. Take it from a person who has been called a nerd since almost day one of my education. I personally think that the people who make a huge deal about ‘If you get good grades, you are a huge nerd’, are jealous. If this is the reason that the kids I’m talking about aren’t doing their homework, I feel very sorry for them because they care so much about being popular, they forget that they might not even see these people that they are so worried about impressing after high school!
I just thought about another reason to do your homework! I’m sick of seeing people rushing to do their homework for first period on the bus in the morning, or right before the bell rings for the class to start. Wouldn’t it just be easier to do your homework the night before and then not have to worry about getting it done in class? I hope everyone who is reading this says YES!!
So everyone, please just do your homework! It would make your lives so much easier, I promise! And trust me, it always feels better when the weekend or summer break gets here and you feel like you really deserve a break because of all the hard work you did that year in school!
When a teacher assigns homework and some ‘very wise’ people decide not to do it in class. This part I can understand because even I have to be in the mood to do homework in class. If I am not in that mood, or if I don’t feel good in that class, I will do about two little thing on the assignment and then take it home. But the part I cannot understand is not doing their work at home!
Now, I’ve heard a couple of people talking with their friends about why they don’t do their work at home and their excuse is always about the same, “I don’t want to do my homework because there are too many fun things to do at home!”
Alright, granted that there are a lot of fun things to do at home, for example, watch television, get on the computer and chat, call your friends and hang out, etc., etc. But what these choice people have yet to figure out is this: If you do your homework in class, there is more time to play around at home! I know how shocking that is!! WOW! What a terribly hard concept to grasp!!!!
Plus, there is an upside to doing homework and studying for tests! For one, you get good grades! But the main reason is that the better the grades you get are the better chance you have to get into a great college! I don’t know how many of you plan on making a ton of money when you are older, but I surely do. So a great way to secure a well-paying job is to go to college and get a degree.
I’ve also noticed how many smart people don’t use their brain in school. It might be because they are lazy, but I think that it is because they are afraid of being called a nerd. Take it from a person who has been called a nerd since almost day one of my education. I personally think that the people who make a huge deal about ‘If you get good grades, you are a huge nerd’, are jealous. If this is the reason that the kids I’m talking about aren’t doing their homework, I feel very sorry for them because they care so much about being popular, they forget that they might not even see these people that they are so worried about impressing after high school!
I just thought about another reason to do your homework! I’m sick of seeing people rushing to do their homework for first period on the bus in the morning, or right before the bell rings for the class to start. Wouldn’t it just be easier to do your homework the night before and then not have to worry about getting it done in class? I hope everyone who is reading this says YES!!
So everyone, please just do your homework! It would make your lives so much easier, I promise! And trust me, it always feels better when the weekend or summer break gets here and you feel like you really deserve a break because of all the hard work you did that year in school!

3 Comments:
At 6:45 PM,
Alina said…
Too true, too true, how many words is that?
At 9:05 PM,
MRT said…
As a teacher, I can't help but appreciate your message. It's a refreshing change from some of the other posts about homework.
At 8:22 AM,
Becca said…
Hecka yes, girl. And when you have oodles and oodles of money you will have a LOT more to play with, am I right?
Post a Comment
<< Home