The Last One!!!
For my last blog I decided to get online and find a few great quotes that I hope helps all of us throughout our lives. Thanks for a great year everyone!
“Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.”- Napoleon Bonaparte
“I can write better than any one who can write faster, and I can write faster than anyone who can write better”- A. J. Liebling
“If a man does his best, what else is there?”- General George S. Patton
“People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid.”- Soren Aabye Kierkegaard
“Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.”- Albert Einstein
“A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to gets its pants on.”- Sir Winston Churchill
“I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.”- Galileo Galilei
“This book fills a much-needed gap.”- Moses Hadas
“I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.”- Thomas Jefferson
“Don’t stay in bed, unless you can make money in bed.”- George Burns
“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.”- Thomas Henry Huxley
“Dancing is silent poetry.”- Simonides
“We have art to save ourselves from the truth.” -Friedrich Nietzsche
“Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake.”- Napoleon Bonaparte
“If you are going through hell, keep going.”- Sir Winston Churchill
“Facts are the enemy of truth.”- Don Quixote
“When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world.”- George Washington Carver
“How wrong is it for a woman to expect a man to build the world she wants rather than to create it herself.”- Anais Nin
“I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”- Thomas Alva Edison
“It’s kind of fun to do the impossible.”- Walt Disney
“The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds, and the pessimist fears this is true.”- James Branch Cabell
“All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher."- Ambrose Bierce
“In spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart. I simply can’t build up my hopes on a foundation consisting of confusion, misery, and death.”- Anne Frank
“The function of wisdom is to discriminate between good and evil.”- Cicero
“He who wishes to secure the good of others, has already secured his own.”- Confucius
“All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing.”- Edmund Burke
“Religions are many and diverse, but reason and goodness are one.”- Elbert Hubbard
“Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing something right.”- Isaac Asimov
“Do not waste yourself in rejection, nor bark against the bad, but chant the beauty of the good.”- Ralph Waldo Emerson
“In this world everything changes except good deeds and bad deeds; these follow you as the shadow follows the body.”- Unknown
“Work for something because it is good, not just because it stands a chance to succeed.”- Vaclav Havel
“The web of our life is of a mingled yarn, good and ill together.”- William Shakespeare
“Men always want to be a woman’s first love – women like to be a mans last romance.”- Oscar Wilde
“Nobody makes me bleed my own blood.”- Ben Stiller
“Stupid is as stupid does.”- Forest Gump
“Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been.”- Mark Twain
“I believe that every person is born with talent.”- Maya Angelou
“Nothing will work unless you do.”- Maya Angelou
“He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.”- Jim Elliot
“I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the context of their character.”- Martin Luther King Jr.
“Honesty is the best policy.” Ben Franklin
“Men don’t care what’s on TV. They care what else is on Tv.”- Jerry Seinfeld
“Smoking kills. If you are killed, you’ve lost a very important part of your life.”- Brooke Shields
“Tis better to be a witty fool than a foolish wit.”- William Shakespeare
“Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety nine percent perspiration.”- Thomas Edison
“Wisdom begins in wonder.”- Socrates
“Young men think old men are fools; but old men know young men are fools.”- Truman Capote
“The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself.”- Benjamin Franklin
“Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character.”- Albert Einstein
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds up to be.”- Abraham Lincoln
“I have not yet begun to fight!”- John Paul Jones
“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.”- Plato
“The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself.”- Theodor Roosevelt
“Eighty percent of success is showing up.”- Woody Allen
“To infinity and beyond!”- Buzz Lightyear
“The first and most important step toward success is the feeling that we can succeed.”- Nelson Boswell
“The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.”- Vince Lombardi
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm."- Winston Churchill
For my last blog I decided to get online and find a few great quotes that I hope helps all of us throughout our lives. Thanks for a great year everyone!
“Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.”- Napoleon Bonaparte
“I can write better than any one who can write faster, and I can write faster than anyone who can write better”- A. J. Liebling
“If a man does his best, what else is there?”- General George S. Patton
“People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid.”- Soren Aabye Kierkegaard
“Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.”- Albert Einstein
“A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to gets its pants on.”- Sir Winston Churchill
“I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.”- Galileo Galilei
“This book fills a much-needed gap.”- Moses Hadas
“I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.”- Thomas Jefferson
“Don’t stay in bed, unless you can make money in bed.”- George Burns
“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.”- Thomas Henry Huxley
“Dancing is silent poetry.”- Simonides
“We have art to save ourselves from the truth.” -Friedrich Nietzsche
“Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake.”- Napoleon Bonaparte
“If you are going through hell, keep going.”- Sir Winston Churchill
“Facts are the enemy of truth.”- Don Quixote
“When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world.”- George Washington Carver
“How wrong is it for a woman to expect a man to build the world she wants rather than to create it herself.”- Anais Nin
“I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”- Thomas Alva Edison
“It’s kind of fun to do the impossible.”- Walt Disney
“The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds, and the pessimist fears this is true.”- James Branch Cabell
“All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher."- Ambrose Bierce
“In spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart. I simply can’t build up my hopes on a foundation consisting of confusion, misery, and death.”- Anne Frank
“The function of wisdom is to discriminate between good and evil.”- Cicero
“He who wishes to secure the good of others, has already secured his own.”- Confucius
“All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing.”- Edmund Burke
“Religions are many and diverse, but reason and goodness are one.”- Elbert Hubbard
“Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing something right.”- Isaac Asimov
“Do not waste yourself in rejection, nor bark against the bad, but chant the beauty of the good.”- Ralph Waldo Emerson
“In this world everything changes except good deeds and bad deeds; these follow you as the shadow follows the body.”- Unknown
“Work for something because it is good, not just because it stands a chance to succeed.”- Vaclav Havel
“The web of our life is of a mingled yarn, good and ill together.”- William Shakespeare
“Men always want to be a woman’s first love – women like to be a mans last romance.”- Oscar Wilde
“Nobody makes me bleed my own blood.”- Ben Stiller
“Stupid is as stupid does.”- Forest Gump
“Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been.”- Mark Twain
“I believe that every person is born with talent.”- Maya Angelou
“Nothing will work unless you do.”- Maya Angelou
“He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.”- Jim Elliot
“I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the context of their character.”- Martin Luther King Jr.
“Honesty is the best policy.” Ben Franklin
“Men don’t care what’s on TV. They care what else is on Tv.”- Jerry Seinfeld
“Smoking kills. If you are killed, you’ve lost a very important part of your life.”- Brooke Shields
“Tis better to be a witty fool than a foolish wit.”- William Shakespeare
“Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety nine percent perspiration.”- Thomas Edison
“Wisdom begins in wonder.”- Socrates
“Young men think old men are fools; but old men know young men are fools.”- Truman Capote
“The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself.”- Benjamin Franklin
“Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character.”- Albert Einstein
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds up to be.”- Abraham Lincoln
“I have not yet begun to fight!”- John Paul Jones
“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.”- Plato
“The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself.”- Theodor Roosevelt
“Eighty percent of success is showing up.”- Woody Allen
“To infinity and beyond!”- Buzz Lightyear
“The first and most important step toward success is the feeling that we can succeed.”- Nelson Boswell
“The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.”- Vince Lombardi
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm."- Winston Churchill

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home